Pairs of Trail Guides will be positioned at key positions to greet attendees, answer questions, help reunite families should they become separated, collect lost and found items, and generally help along attendees as they enjoy the Trail. This is a critical role for guests to enjoy an organized event. Must be outgoing, enthusiastic, helpful, informed and full of holiday spirit!
Failure to comply with volunteer policies on shift will result in being placed on the naughty list and dismissal from the program.
• Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age as of December 4, 2015 or accompanied by a parent or guardian.
• Trail of Lights Foundation provides no monetary compensation for volunteer roles.
• Volunteers must reside in the Austin-Area.
• Volunteers must come prepared for the outdoor, winter elements. Texas weather can be unpredictable, so check the weather forecast and dress accordingly. We also encourage you to bring a flashlight.
• Failure to perform as expected will affect future placement in the program. Expected behaviors include:
o Checking in 15 minutes prior to shift start time
o Fulfilling tasks throughout the duration of your shift
o Maintaining positive attitude and respect for all guests, staff, volunteers, and performers.
o Smoking, drinking and intoxication on shift are strictly prohibited.
o No shows will be removed from future shifts. You will have an opportunity to decline shifts in advance.
• 2 ZiP passes for the night of your choice after your shift is complete. ZiP offers expedited entry and access to ZiP hospitality areas for you and a guest.
• Dinner is provided on the night you volunteer.
• Trail of Lights gear to wear during your shift and beyond!