On the 2nd Saturday of each month from 8:00am-11:00am, Guadalupe Community Center will host another great opportunity to serve with Catholic Charities. Volunteers will be working with a Master Gardener in the St. Phocas Garden located within the facility. There is no gardening experience required.
Under the gardeners direction and guidance, volunteers will learn about vegetable gardening while helping to maintain the St. Phocas garden. Volunteers will be doing the following:
- water the garden
- pull weeds
- turn compost
- water the roses
- trim roses
- harvest (if needed)
- weigh harvest & bag
- maintain hanging plants & pavilion plants
- beautification of garden grounds
- maintain roses on Pinto st.
- wear cool comfortable clothes & shoes
- gardening gloves (we have some if needed)
- wear hat to protect head from heat
- make sure to use sunscreen
- bring drinking water
- be able to bend & stoop
- come with an open mind eager to learn new things
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.
Gustavo Gonzalez wrote on November 13th, 2020
Please let me know if there is any cancellation for this coming saturday. My wife and my daughter will also like to attend !
Gustavo Gonzalez 346 370 2476