1003 Creekview Dr., SATX 78219 • 800-830-2045 • www.YanawanaHerbolarios.org
Yanawana Herbolarios is a 501(c)3 organization (EIN 460969842) operating primarily in the San Antonio metro community, with a mission to share, preserve, and honor cultural knowledge of the land and make it universally accessible as a means to empower and revive the practice of holistic living, medical botanical usage, water and land stewardship, and coming together as a community in times of need. Yanawana Herbolarios is a woman-led and Indigenous-founded organization. Yanawana Herbolarios was established in January 2016 to meet unaddressed needs in the areas of healthcare and preparedness in the under-served communities of Bexar (and surrounding) Counties, with a special focus on BIPOC and LGBTQ communities. Our current programming includes: The People’s Clinic – accessible integrative healthcare clinics, Sowing la Futura – plant and ancestral skills education, Yanawana Medic Collective – a street medicine team supporting people’s movements and the houseless, and Project Home – sustainable transition campgrounds for the houseless community.
Social Media Internship
The Social Media Intern will play an active role in the development of Yanawana Herbolarios’ online community. The intern will maintain Yanawana Herbolarios’ presence on various social media platforms and help create and publish content that is relevant to our supporters. They will regularly report on the activity and progress of the social media networks. The Social Media Intern will also assist in the organization, maintenance, and creation of digital images, videos, and other content. The intern will learn to reach specific audiences, promote events and programming, fundraise effectively, and utilize social media performance tool suites.
Some example responsibilities include:
· Update and maintain Facebook, Instagram, et al.
· Respond to posts and comments in a timely and professional manner with an organizational voice, adding value for the audience
· Post updates, news, donation and volunteer calls, and fundraisers
· Perform research for appropriate content that is relevant to our audience
· Utilize tools and programs to design and edit digital media projects such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Canva, PicMonkey, and Microsoft Photos
· Update social media with current and relevant photos and videos from activities and events
· Grow Yanawana Herbolarios social media network reach and engagements
· Organize and manage digital media files
· Take photos, video, etc. and develop into engaging content
To schedule a placement interview please contact:
Heidi Sobotik, COO & Clinical Director
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.