1003 Creekview Dr., SATX 78219 • 800-830-2045 • www.YanawanaHerbolarios.org
Yanawana Herbolarios is a 501(c)3 organization (EIN 460969842) operating primarily in the San Antonio metro community, with a mission to share, preserve, and honor cultural knowledge of the land and make it universally accessible as a means to empower and revive the practice of holistic living, medical botanical usage, water and land stewardship, and coming together as a community in times of need. Yanawana Herbolarios is a woman-led and Indigenous-founded organization. Yanawana Herbolarios was established in January 2016 to meet unaddressed needs in the areas of healthcare and preparedness in the under-served communities of Bexar (and surrounding) Counties, with a special focus on BIPOC and LGBTQ communities. Our current programming includes: The People’s Clinic – accessible integrative healthcare clinics, Sowing la Futura – plant and ancestral skills education, Yanawana Medic Collective – a street medicine team supporting people’s movements and the houseless, and Project Home – sustainable transition campgrounds for the houseless community.
The Grant Administration Intern will coordinate and oversee the grant application and management process including the identification of potential new funding sources, development of funding resources for existing and proposed programs, writing grants, developing budgets, collaborating on grant applications with various directors and partner organizations, and processing, monitoring and coordinating required report evaluations on existing grants.
Some example responsibilities include:
· Monitors the financial management of grants for the purpose of complying with all program and funding guidelines of awarding organizations
· Compiles necessary data, then works in collaboration with directors to write grants
· Assists program directors in monitoring measurable outcomes as required by funding sources
· Completes necessary data entry to maintain metrics and compile regular grant reports
· Seeks additional funding sources to support, expand, and develop new programming in alignment with the vision of the leadership team
· Manages program files and records, maintains databases of measurables outcomes
· Develops and manages systems for tracking grant expenditures and receivables
· Reviews all grant related payment requests, bills, invoices, and statements, to be presented to and approved by director
· Cultivates and sustains relationships with funders throughout the community to promote the Yanawana Herbolarios mission and our work to develop lasting partnerships
To schedule a placement interview please contact:
Heidi Sobotik, COO & Clinical Director
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.