UTSA Day of Service Project: Mitchell Lake Audubon Center - Habitat Clean-Up
Date: Saturday, April 1st
Time: 9:30am - 12:30pm
Project Description: Help manage our gardens and habitat. This can involve garden maintenance which includes removal of invasive species and planting native plants for birds and butterflies. We also have trail maintenance duties which include tree trimming, brush removal, and weeding. All training provided.
- Check-In: Begins at 8am outside the Convocation Building
- Transportation: Transportation will be provided via a UTSA Shuttle.
- Attire: Closed-toed sturdy shoes, long pants, long sleeved shirt, gloves, water bottle, hat, and sunscreen
- Open to all participants 12 years of age or older.
Special Accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have special requests.
Wondering if you should register to volunteer? Based on the CDC guidelines, we are asking you the following questions:
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.
If you answered "yes" to any of those questions, we ask you not to register. We are doing all we can to align with best practices and keep our community healthy.