UTSA Day of Service Project: Witte Museum - Garden Maintenance
Date: Saturday, April 1st
Time: 9:30am - 2:00pm
Project Description: Cleaning of the flower beds and shrubs that may need to be replaced and new ones replanted. The gardens are a big part of the Witte Museum presenting a beautiful landscape as our visitors walk along the Adventure Walk to enter the museum. We also take this time to turn over and fertilize the garden in conjunction to the HEB Body Adventure Gallery. The spices, and vegetables that are grown in this garden are utilized for the Healthy Cooking Demonstrations.
- Check-In: Begins at 8am outside the Convocation Building
- Transportation: Transportation will be carpool only
- Attire: Closed-toed sturdy shoes
- Open to all participants 16 years of age or older.
Special Accommodations, please email email@example.com if you have special requests.
Wondering if you should register to volunteer? Based on the CDC guidelines, we are asking you the following questions:
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.
If you answered "yes" to any of those questions, we ask you not to register. We are doing all we can to align with best practices and keep our community healthy.