UTSA Day of Service Project: Catholic Charities - Care Center Re-stocking and Donation Sorting
Date: Saturday, April 1st
Time: 9:30am - 12:00pm
Project Description: Give Back Saturday at St. Stephen's CARE Center is closed to the public and open for our volunteers. The volunteer department works closely with programs to ensure that we have the CARE Center fully stocked and ready to serve the clients with Love, Dignity and Respect. We dedicate this time to..
- restock shelves with non perishable foods-create sack lunches for our homeless clients
- sort and hang clothing donations
- sort, wash and bag perishables/vegetables.
- Check-In: Begins at 8am outside the Convocation Building
- Transportation: Transportation will be carpool only - coordinated by project leads.
- Attire: T-shirt, Jeans and Tennis Shoes
- Open to all participants 17 years of age or older.
- Water and snacks will be provided
Special Accommodations, please email email@example.com if you have special requests.
Wondering if you should register to volunteer? Based on the CDC guidelines, we are asking you the following questions:
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.
If you answered "yes" to any of those questions, we ask you not to register. We are doing all we can to align with best practices and keep our community healthy.