UTSA Day of Service Project: Gardopia Gardens - Garden Maintenance/Harvesting
Date: Saturday, April 1st
Time: 9:30am - 12:30pm
Project Description: Gardopia Gardens will be at Young Women's Leadership Academy Primary, an incredible all-girls school servicing children K-4th. The activities will be as follows:
- Maintenance of the girls' garden
- Seasonal planting
- Maintenance of the pollinator bed
- Irrigation installation
- Preparation and harvesting of the micro-farm beds
- Turning compost
We're excited to have more leading entities supporting the incredible gardening work here in San Antonio!
- Check-In: Begins at 8am outside the Convocation Building
- Transportation: Transportation will be provided via a UTSA Shuttle.
- Attire: Closed-toed shoes, appropriate clothing
- Open to participants of all ages.
Special Accommodations, please email email@example.com if you have special requests.
Wondering if you should register to volunteer? Based on the CDC guidelines, we are asking you the following questions:
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.
If you answered "yes" to any of those questions, we ask you not to register. We are doing all we can to align with best practices and keep our community healthy.