The mission of St. Stephen's CARE Center is to provide Compassion, Aid, Respect, and Empowerment welcoming clients to receive basic needs on their way to self-sufficiency. St. Stephen's CARE Center will serve as the hub for Catholic Charities crisis response including the Mobile Relief Unit fleet and facility stocked with basic needs. The site is equipped to serve individuals, families, and large groups of people with emergency services.
At St. Stephen's Care Center there are two ways to serve currently: Food Pantry and Give Back Saturday.
Volunteers assist during regular business hours, 8:30a-5:00p, Monday through Friday within with our curbside service aiding members of the community who are in need of food, clothing, and at times baby & adult diapers. Volunteers help in different ways such as stocking the shelves, prepare boxes/bags of food, and assist in the curbside service by collecting client information or putting the food into the client's vehicle after data is collected.
Give Back Saturday-
Volunteers who sign up for this opportunity, help us every Saturday from 9a-12p stocking shelves and preparing the boxes/bags of food that will be distributed the upcoming week. Some other duties or tasks may be given such as making hygiene kits, sorting through clothing donations, and help us clean areas within facility. St. Stephens is closed to the public so only volunteers will be in the facility.
Anyone interested in becoming recurring volunteers for St. Stephens and Catholic Charities, must meet all the volunteer requirements as mandated by the Archdiocese of San Antonio and Catholic Charities policies. All volunteers must have:
* A fully completed GivePulse Volunteer application
* Complete three online training modules called OVASE
* Archdiocese Criminal Background Check (conducted on VIRTUS system)
Other Requirements and details:
- All volunteers must be 14 years and older to participate in this program due to equipment used to move pallets of food and boxes from area to area
- Anyone under the age of 18 years of age, must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times
- Volunteers must wear appropriate attire suitable to complete the work or tasks during event.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact Catholic Charities Volunteer Services Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING TO VOLUNTEER WITH CATHOLIC CHARITIES!